Employment & Skills Leeds hosted Inspiring Future Talent in Digital, which took place on 29 September at the Leeds City College, Printworks Campus. The event was part of the Future Talent Plan.
By bringing together careers leads, heads of year, IT and digital teachers, from secondary schools, 6th form colleges and universities within Leeds and the wider city region, we aimed to help inspire a diverse range of future talent into digital technology careers by connecting employers and educators.
This was an opportunity for educators to gain information on digital careers, training routes and skills needs to help inform young people about their future options. The event featured:
- Panel discussions - what skills employers are looking for in digital careers
- 'A Digital Career for Everyone' workshop session
- Panel discussion - Post 16 training options for a career in digital
- Digital careers resource support options for educators
- Emerging technology, a focus on A.I and future skills needs
The event was well received by those who attended, and the aim is to continue with skills and future talent collaborations and discussions