Business Anchors Progression Framework
The Business Anchors Progression Framework is a free self-assessment tool to help businesses understand how to contribute to local inclusive economic growth by looking at what they are already doing on a range of topics, and prompting where it is possible to go further.
The tool is designed to be applicable across sectors, although it is designed primarily with large businesses in mind (content tailored to small and medium sized businesses will be added in future).
It asks you to score your current position on a scale of 1-4, and then to set your ambition for where you would like to get to in a realistic timeframe (typically 12-18 months), on a scale of 1-4. Further guidance on how to use it is included in the tool.
Tips for using the Business Anchors Progression Framework:
- It is designed as a self-assessment tool to support open, honest internal reflection about progress and ambitions and to stimulate ideas.
- It is designed to be easy to use and not to create significant work. It is not an audit, and you do not have to share it with others unless you choose to.
- We recommend that senior leaders in the business locally own the process as it is inherently about corporate vision, priorities and behaviours and requires strategic debate and decision making.
- That said, it works best when completed collaboratively, involving people across specialisms. It can also add value to get the perspective of your wider workforce. Do your staff agree with your assessment of the business as an inclusive anchor, and do they have ideas on how to achieve greater impact?
- While the framework is designed to have broad applicability, some elements may not be relevant to your business. Don’t let this put you off. Complete the sections and questions that connect corporately, whilst being open to avenues you may not have considered before.
- You are not expected to score highly in all areas. Most anchors are on a journey and lower scores can be appropriate for your business on certain questions.
- The framework helps you to identify your ambition and where you want to prioritise practical action. It is more realistic to identify a small number of areas to focus improvements, than to set high ambitions across all areas. Focus on what is achievable over 12-18 months.
- Capture your prioritised actions in the tool, then review your assessment annually to track progress, celebrate success and plan future actions.
Want to find out more about being a Business Anchor? Contact Us | Inclusive Growth Leeds