Leeds Creative Skills Festival
14 - 18 Nov 2022
Find your future creators at the Leeds Creative Skills Festival.
In November 2022, the Employment and Skills Service will host the first Leeds Creative Skills Festival (LCSF) in the city, with a weeklong roadshow of activities culminating in a showcase event at the Leeds First Direct Arena.
Leeds is currently home to 26 Arts Council England and National Portfolio Organisations. Channel 4, Screen Yorkshire and Burberry all have bases in the city, and over 70% of the national British Library collection is based here in Leeds. However, there are sectoral issues including barriers to companies offering skills training due to being largely project and client-focused, problems with diversity, and arts education being under threat.
The aim of the Leeds Creative Skills Festival 2022 will be to showcase the creative and cultural offer in the city and to inspire young people to consider a career in Leeds and beyond. The festival will be a precursor to activities planned for the LEEDS2023 Year of Culture.
The festival will:
- focus on careers and opportunities in the sector, pathways and skills
- deliver sector-led educational resources to support good quality careers education
- provide the opportunity for work experience placements and site visits
- offer support for employers in the sector such as help with recruiting apprenticeships and access to funding and training
- There will be a Creative Skills Showcase event held at the Leeds first direct arena on Thursday 17 November.
If you are an employer or organisation working in the creative and cultural sector, then we would love to hear from you. We have opportunities for organisations to exhibit at our showcase event, which will provide the opportunity for you to talk to young people, graduates, parents and carers about the exciting opportunities you offer.
For more details email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and book your place today.